Thursday 5 February 2009

only by the night

Another Thursday...another night on the bike. This time the chosen bike was the Kona firmly fixed to the turbo trainer.

Tuesday night this week was a great ride out in the snow...2 ½ hrs and a grand total of around 7 miles covered...not one of our better distances, but it was great fun all the same. It was a long day at work trying to suppress the excitement of been able to play out in the snow that evening, in fact the best covering of snow I had seen in a long time and my excitement was not disappointed.

However, 1 snow ride and 1 frozen bike in a week I felt was enough and decided to take the training to my fitness suite...the garage...the cold garage!

Tonight’s training went well, my fitness is feeling good at the moment, if only I could shed some unwanted pounds I would be much happier..and probably just that bit quicker on the bike.

As usual, I had the TV in front for something to stare at and my earphones plugged in blaring some fast tempo music into my perspiring head. Tonight’s musical talents came to me courtesy of Kings of Leon, ‘Only by the night’ album. What a great choice, the tempo seemed to fit perfectly to the pyramid training I was putting my body through and the length was also about perfect.

That, I am sure, will be staying number one choice for a while

No comments: