Sunday 4 May 2008

again and again...oh...and again

for yesterdays ride I decided to give myself a taste of what is to be at 10 under the Ben at the end of this month. 10 under the Ben (for those who dont know) is a mtb race in the foothills of Ben Nevis, its a 10 mile course and you have 10 hours to complete as many laps as you can or want to! I have entered this as a solo rider and with me will be the family to give me support, food and drink.

So, Saturdays ride...

the route: home - Low Ackworth - Rogerthorpe - Upton - Hemsworth Bypass - Home (10.5 miles)

terrain: mix of off road and tarmac (I used the tarmac to really push myself and maintain a high pace)

conditions: warm, slight breeze (which was behind on the homeward stretch!), muddy tracks

laps: 3

total distance: 31.5 miles

lap time: 45 minutes

overall, felt good after doing this, the hardest thing I found (and this is the reason why I decided to do some laps) was the mental obstacle of doing the same tracks over and over, but i need to get used to this for the end of the month. Physically I could have carried on, which is good news as on the day I think the atmosphere will hopefully carry me round also and take away the monotony of lap after lap

No comments: