Wednesday 8 October 2008

new old winter bike

I've decided to build myself a winter bike so that I can tuck the Superlight up for the winter in its cosy warm bed to get plenty of rest for next season.

I must say, I am finding I am having to work bloody quick on this project as it feels like winter is upon us already. Mince pies and sprouts at the ready...

The idea is to build using no new parts, so ebay has been seeing some action from this corner of its empire

what I have so far:
- trek fuel 90 frame (this is my old frame which I used before the superlight)
- Easton EA50 stem (going to put this on the Superlight and swap the bontrager stem back)
- XT shifters
- XT rear derailleur (swap from Superlight)
- chain (swap from Superlight)
- LX Cassette (swap from Superlight)
- front wheel, Mavic XM719 deore hub
- Selle Italia Flite seat, put this on the superlight

still a fair few bits to get but enjoying looking at the moment, hopefully have this up and running very soon...

23.10 update

now have a set of XT disc brakes, bargain from ebay.

Looking forward to getting this built up now, maybe even put my manitou black forks back on this bike to save the expense of new forks as I know what i am like when i get spending...this little lot aint going to be cheap....or 'this little lot will only be cheap love' if talking to the Mrs!

No comments: